Monday, October 22, 2012

assignmen#1- Risky Online Behavior


  • Change it up. If something feels like it might be getting risky, it probably is. But if you're not sure, try changing the subject, making a joke, or saying you want to talk about something else. If you still feel pressured by or uncomfortable with the situation, you need to take further action.
  • Log off or quit. You need to remember that at any time you can just stop typing and log off if a conversation gets uncomfortable online. You can also take action to block or report another user or create a new account - whether for email, IM, or a virtual world- to avoid contact with that person again.
  • Know that it's okay to feel embarrassed or confused. It's not always easy to make sense of situations that make you feel uncomfortable online. Nor is it easy to ask for help if you feel embarrassed about what you've experienced. These feelings are normal, and it's okay to talk about them.
  • Talk to a friend or a trusted adult. Don't be afraid to reach out. Even if you feel you can handle a tricky situation alone, it's always a good idea to turn to friends, parents, teachers, coaches, and counselors for support.


                                                                Sheyna point of view.
1. I met Nick at a party I went to, I have been talking to Nick ever since the party like about a month
2. Yes he is 21 and I am 16
3. He has asked me to keep us a secret by asking me not to tell anyone
4. I have felt uncomfortable many times like when he asks me to send in appropriate pictures of myself
                                                                Grace Point of View.
1. Yes because I think he is just taking advantage of her.
2. Because Sheyna thinks she is in love but really he is just using her.
3. LEAVE HIM!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment